Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tech Post 2

For my technology experiment, I chose to create a Pintrest. Jen Gumm gave me the idea, as well as some very creative teachers I know. Let me tell you, this was no easy task! Everyone talks about Pintrest and makes it sound so simple. I had no idea what I was doing! I signed up and started clicking around and got all sorts of lost. So, in my true fashion, I gave up. Weeks later, I finally went back to try it again with Jen's help. 
I fell in love. It's so amazing the things we can find. Just search "teaching ideas." BOOM. All these great ideas for teaching come up. From long lesson plans, to just cute little ideas to spice up the classroom or an activity. Things as simple as ways to call on students or decorations to hang. I'm obsessed now and will continue to... Pin...? Is that the word I use? I will say Pin.
This is such an amazing outlet for educators, or any profession I'm sure, but I did not search those professions. You just keep clicking and find ideas you would never be creative enough to do on your own. Some of my favorites were ideas I truly can take with me into the classroom, such as a fund unit plan on Shakespeare.

Here is my Pintrest: http://www.pinterest.com/hollyjosilva/

No comments:

Post a Comment