Monday, March 3, 2014

Tech 1 Post

I am somewhere between a technophobe and technophile. I can do what I need to do, and that's about it. I'm not one of those people who can find a new technology and pick up on it instantly. I get stuck in my ways and struggle with the new, but eventually I get the hang of it, though I usually find out years later there could have been so much more within my abilities.
I have had a MySpace pretty early and eventually learned how to add music, pictures, and fun backgrounds. I might not member how to do those things now, but I could then. I also had a Facebook, but as far as I know, there wasn't extra stuff we could do. Just the basics. I now have an InstaGram. I have never had a Tumblr, Twitter, or any of those other social media outlets.
I actually recall back when all we had was AIM, before MySpace, having this thing called a "Sub profile," where I could add this link and my little box intended for a quick bio on AIM that had different colors and subheadings where I could add music and all this crazy stuff. I have no clue how I did it, but I did. Honestly, I think I may have regressed from a technophile to the in-between that I am now.
I am doing well with figuring out this blog and Wiggio. I am trying to figure out Edmodo, since my teacher uses this with her students, uploading homework and helpful links for any assignments. I need to learn more, because I see these students and they seem so advanced with technology, while I just stare in awe. I need to get on their level as much as I can. I've already been mocked by the students in my internship for being out of touch with technology, after telling a student to look it up in the dictionary, when "duh, they like have computers, who uses a dictionary anymore."

1 comment:

  1. Your future students will teach you quickly anything you really need to know about technology. I think it is good to find balance and not let it consume your life.

    ReplyDelete